ZHEMBA Jemusse our all time best Knights Legend is in Seychelles taking part in the 2015 Africa Junior Championships! He has played for the Knights Chess Academy Zimbabwe team from 2011 to 2014 producing incredible results..Now he is facing the best of the best in junior U20 African Chess!
Victoria, Seychelles is hosting the 2015 African Junior Chess Championship from 27th December 2015 to 7th January 2016.
The 2015 African Junior Chess Championships got underway in the paradise island of Seychelles after a delay of just over two hours. The total number of participating federations is 13 with
representation from all the four African FIDE Zones.
In the Open Section the field of 24 players is headed by the top seed IM Adham Fawzy of Egypt.
In the Girls Section, which comprises 13 players, the top seed is WIM Shahenda Wafa of Egypt.
The Arbitration team headed by the Chief Arbiter IA Stephen Kisuze of Uganda has IA Bernadette Mein of the host nation as the Deputy Chief Arbiter. The Section Arbiters are FA Tshepiso Lopang of Botswana and FA Gilton Mkumbwa of Malawi.
The Appeals Committee is headed by Dr. Hesham Elgendy of Egypt as Chairman with Kezzie Msukwa of Malawi and Ericho Nshikokola of Zambia as members.
The 13 participating federations are: Algeria, Angola,Burundi, Egypt, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Nigeria, Seychelles, Somalia, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
The President of the African Chess Confederation welcomed all participants to the final event of the 2015 African Continental tournament calendar and wished all participants a memorable stay in the beautiful island of the Seychelles.
The First Round pairings were as follows:
OPEN SECTION (Follow on Chess-Results)
Brd WHITE BLACK
1. Ezra CHAMBERS (BDI) vs. IM Adham FAWZY (EGY)
2. FM Fy RAKOTOMAHARO (MAD) vs. Moses MAINA WANJIRU (KEN)
3. Ali Abdullahi FARAH (SOM) vs. IM Ali NASSR (ALG)
4. Daniel ANWULI (NGR) vs. Aakash CHETTY (SEY)
5. Timothy KATE (SEY) vs. IM David SILVA (ANG)
6. FM Cristiano AGUIAR (ANG) vs. Richiraj KRISHNAMOORTY (SEY) 7. Donald MASHIRI (ZIM) vs. CM Roland Reinhold BEZUIDENHOUT (RSA) 8. CM Silvio FAMOROSA (ANG) vs. Ali MOHAMUD HUSSEIN (SOM)
9. Samuel NATELLAMBY (SEY) vs. FM Allesandro Claudio CRISMANN (RSA) 10. Elias MUSONDA (ZAM) vs. Harish PILLAY (SEY)
11. Keith VITAL (SEY) vs. Mohammed Amin EL FAZAR (MAR)
12. Joshua MULAUZI (ZAM) vs. Jemusse ZHEMBA (ZIM)
GIRLS SECTION (Follow on Chess-Results)
Brd. WHITE BLACK
1. WIM Shahenda WAFA (EGY) vs. Delfina JOAO (ANG)
2. Joyce NYARUAI (KEN) vs. WIM Tasneem EHAB (EGY)
3. WFM Sune DU TOIT (RSA) vs. Liza ADELINE (ANG)
4. Elgine CREA (SEY) vs. WIM Esperanca CAXTA (ANG)
5. WIM Maria DOMINGOS (ANG) vs. Elza HOAREAU ( SEY)
6. Jesse EULENTIN (SEY) vs. WFM Luzia PIRES (ANG)
Snegha R. PILLAY (SEY) bye
2015 AJCC-ROUND 1
The first round of the 2015 African Junior Chess Championships got off to an interesting start with the top seeds in both the Open and Girls Sections recording hard fought victories against determined opponents. In the Open Section IM Adham Fawzy of Egypt had to dig deep to extract a win from the resilient Ezra Chambers of Burundi. The performance of Round 1 in the Open Section belonged to the hosting Federation’s Keith Vital who held the Moroccan Under 20 champion Mohamed Amin El Fazari to a draw. Zhemba polished his Zambian opponent who has a rating of over 1800. Other results in the Open Section went more or less according to expectation.
In the Girls’ Section the top seeded WIM Shahenda Wafa of Egypt withstood a fierce battle with Angola’s Delfina Joao to emerge victorious. With the hosts Snegha Pillay in bye, the rest of the results in the Girls Section there were no surprise results in all the other games.
Zimbabwe is being represented by Zhemba Jemusse and Donald Mashiri in the Open Section. All the best team Zimbabwe!!